Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Humpbacks Make An Early Appearance In SoCal.



If I was only there to take advantage :(

According to Outdoors, action and adventure blog, the Humpback whales have arrived about a month early this year (usually expected in May). The Southern California residents and visitors should consider themselves quite lucky - while wrapping up the gray whale migration North, people are potentially able to see both the gray and humpback whales in action.



Humpback whales are among the most showy whales and make for remarkable sightings more often than not. In fact, I have had my best whale watches while in the company of these guys. In fact, yours truly took the pictures within this very post last year - There were so many whales, I could not even eat a snack (an occurrence that rarely happens for me).



And if these two types of whales are just not quite enough, don't you worry - perhaps you are familiar with the blue whale...? Oh, just the largest animal to have ever lived is coming soon to the SoCal area very soon (early June). I think a whale watching trip is in store for you and your 100 closest friends.

No comments: